- The evolution of the automobile took place worldwide, its estimated that over 100,ooo patents created the modern automobile.
Old Engraving depicting the 1771 crash of Nicolas Joseph Cugnot's steam-powered car into a stone wall.
- In 1769, the very first self-propelled road vehicle was a military tractor invented by French engineer and mechanic, Nicolas Joseph Cugnot .
- The first theoretical plans for a motor vehicle where drawn up by Leonardo da Vinci and Isaac Newton.
- Robert Anderson of Scotland invented the first crude electric carriage.
- In 1885 Karl Benz(as in Mercedes Benz) had introduced the first gasoline powered automobile which had 3 wheels and looked like a tricycle with no pedals.
- Early 1960z the Boyertown Auto Body Works jointly formed the Battronic Truck Company with Smith Delivery Vehicles, Ltd.
- 1960s & 1970s saw a need for alternative fueled vehicles to reduce the problems of exhaust emissions from internal combustion engines and to reduce the dependency on imported foreign crude oil.
- United States postal service purchased 350 electric delivery jeeps which were to be used in a test program, the jeeps top speed was 50 mph.
- 1990 to present years, Electric conversions of familiar gasoline powered vehicles, as well as electric vehicles designed from ground up, are now available that reach super high speeds with rangers of 50 to 150 miles between recharging.