Monday, May 4, 2009

Post 5 Cien James Victore


James
 Victore

"The fact that I don’t make any distinction between
 “beautiful” and “ugly” always keeps me pushing to get some
where new and surprise myself"

James Victore has a unique style of typograpghy. His strong messages through typohrapghy set a meaningful theme and make you think about what he is trying to say. His work is strong, humouris and unforgiving. It confuses you. It makes you sm
ile, frown, think. It screws you up. It makes you want t
o swear.  It’s gives you a raw reaction. 

An interview was conducted by a 'Speak Up Archive' this follow
ing statement sums up how Victore ticks. 
As far as form goes, I really dig trying to make som
ething new. I am always trying to invent. That plus the fact that I don’t make any distinction between “beautiful” and “ugly” always keeps me
 pushing to get somewhere new and surprise myself. I work very hard to surprise myself and to make myself laugh, the “Wait-til-they-get-a-load-of-this” kind of laugh. So I don't really concern myself too much with how it looks. I am much more interested in what the work says. Finding a small bit of truth in a job or client or piece and lett
ing that be the focal point. That interests
 me. A lot. 


http://www.oberholtzer-creative.com/visualculture/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/james_victore_disney.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment